Friday, April 11, 2014

Differences the 2nd time around...

With baby #2, things have been different from the beginning. They say your children have distinct differences and this pregnancy has shown me that so far. While I've still been sick, I've noticed a few key differences. 

The sickness didn't last as long as it did with baby #1. With my first, I was sick until 28 weeks. And when I say sick, I mean constantly throwing up with morning sickness all throughout the day. With baby #2, I'm now at 24 weeks and while I still may get sick once a week or so, it has subsided for the most part. 

I have more energy with this baby. I'm not sure if it's because I have no other choice with a little toddler to run after or simply because my body is better prepared for what is happening, but I've had a lot of energy and been able to be proactive at work and home. 

I can feel baby #2 more. With baby #1, I could feel the kicks/movements earlier on, this time around, it took longer to feel the movement, but now I feel her constantly! It's like she is doing an Insanity workout inside my tummy. Especially at night. Fingers crossed this is not a glimpse into the future of having her days and nights confused. 

With baby #1, I over prepared...this time...no so much. I feel like I have nothing prepared. With baby #1, I was focused on the nursery, registries, name selection - everything baby related consumed my world. Obviously, I don't have as much time on my hands, but I'm still just as excited about baby #2. I think it's just that I have now experienced what it's like to bring home a new baby and I now know, I don't need to stress about her room, clothes or things. If she's anything like the first, she won't spend much time in a beautifully decorated nursery anyways.

We're beyond excited to welcome in our new little love and adorn her with just as much love and affection as we did with our first... if anything she may get a little more affection as she'll have a big sister who loves her too!

4 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals