Monday, December 8, 2014

The Adventures of Isla...

In the words of Isla...."Oh my goodness!"
What a fun and FUNNY weekend we had with our beautiful energetic girl. She was simply hilarious this weekend.

First of all, we're potty training...which makes every day exciting and lots of unexpected 'treats' happen for everyone.

On Friday, Isla walked in her room and noticed the mess had magically disappeared. I told her I had cleaned her room for her. She said..."ooooh, thank you mommy!" excitedly. 
I was feeling so appreciated until she went behind the curtains (while naked) and peed everywhere. 

On Saturday, Joel went to help some family members with some home projects and it was just me and the girls. We had been taking Isla to potty every 30 minutes. When it was time to go, I noticed she was 'hiding' behind the chair. I asked her to come out and it looked as if her diaper was about to fall off. I asked her to come over to me so I could fix it, and then I noticed it was still intact... it was just so full of poop it was about to fall off! She had been hiding, doing her business. 
She looked at me with her head hanging down and said, "I didn't poop mommy."
I replied, "well, who pooped in your diaper then?"
She said, "daddy, did it."  (reminder: he wasn't even home)
I said, "your dad pooped in your diaper?"
She said, "yes, hurry lets hide it!"

On Sunday, we were sitting at the table eating our sandwiches. She ate all of hers so she got to eat some pretzel mix. I was tending to Laylin and noticed Isla was having a full blown conversation with herself at the table... all by herself. So I started listening in.... she was holding a tiny pretzel up close to her face, talking to it... Here is what she was saying...
Isla (talking to her pretzel): Ooohhh I'm so sorry. Shh, shhh, it's okay. 
Me: "Isla what's wrong with your pretzel?"
Isla: "It's sad." 
Me: "Why is your pretzel sad?"
Isla: "Because it misses its mommy."
Me: "Where is its mommy?"
Isla: "I ate it" 
and then she eats the 'baby' pretzel, haha.

And besides all the funny things she said this weekend, she cracked us up with her funny actions too. We play hide n seek a lot at home and do lots of chasing each other. She has always loved to be chased. We've been working on hiding a lot because she normally either doesn't wait for you to come find her or when you say, ready or not here I come... she replies with, Here I am, hiding under the table.... or Here I am behind the curtains. haha. Joel and I laughed at her until we were both crying last night. Joel was playing hide n seek with her and she kept telling Joel to go hide, in which he did, but she would get distracted and forget to go find him. Poor Joel would be scrunched down in an uncomfortable spot hiding forever until he would finally give up and come out because Isla would have forgot to come find him. 

She is the sweetest, most adorable little blessing in my life and I have so so so much fun with her! Oh my goodness.... I wish I could stop time. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree - such a fun stage with these little personalities!!

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals