Thursday, June 20, 2013

Peace in Chaos

We have been caught up in the craziness of life lately. Busy busy bees in the Bradbury household. Busy in all aspects of life really from work to housework, yard work, party planning, vacating to just plan ole living!

I've also been taking a break from technology some this summer and using that time to dedicate to Isla. It's so important for me to document these days because they are passing by faster than I can store all of my memories, but I also just want to have simple days with my family where I'm enjoying everything and not worrying about videoing, photography or writing.

Isla is simply the best thing that ever happened to me, besides her daddy... She fills my heart with joy every day. It doesn't matter what kind of day I've been handed, one big grin from her flashing her 5 pearly whites and my heart melts.

That's right, I said 5... she recently got a new tooth on the bottom. She now has two on top and three on the bottom. She is becoming such a big girl and I find myself trying to hold on tight to every bit of baby that is left. This past year flew by so fast and I know this second year will too.

She has really started talking a lot recently... when she's in the mood that is... This week she is saying car, wow, bubble, baby, rarr (this one is really funny), boo and dog of course. She absolutely loves playing peek-a-boo and her favorite word is boo.

She's very loving at one year old. She wraps her arms around your legs and holds on tight giving sweet squeezes in the morning and afternoons. She lights up when she sees us at the end of the day, runs to me and gives me the biggest hug. She's stingy with her smooches, but if you can get one right on the lips its the sweetest thing ever.

Holding her in my arms, I realize what a great gift God has given us and what a great responsibility I have to be her guide in this big world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals