Friday, June 7, 2013

Isla's ONE!


My baby girl turned one this week. My oh my how the time flies… whether you are ready for it or not and believe me…I am not ready for it. Every day she is growing, changing, developing, learning and becoming a beautiful, special little girl. Yes, little girl. Every day she is losing some of her baby traits and becoming more and more like a toddler. Oh how I relish these days with her and each and every day I’ve had with her this past year.

I came across this quote this week, and it couldn’t have found me at a more perfect time in our lives.


"You will never have this day with your children again. 
Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today.
This day is a gift.
Breathe and notice.
Smell and touch them; study their faces and little feet and pay attention.
Relish the charms of the present.
Enjoy today, mama. It will be over before you know it."
- Jen Hatmaker

This is so true. Each day I see her changing and I try to stop the chaos all around me and just be in this moment… with her. Taking it all in. Enjoying her baby-isms, breathing in her baby smells (good and bad:) ) and being grateful for the precious gift He has given me.

She is such a light. Her personality is shining out more and more each day. She has become such a loving little thing. She loves to give hugs, to be held, to snuggle, to wrap her arms and legs around me at night while she sleeps and to pucker up for kisses. She also loves her dada more and more every day… and I can tell she is growing into a daddy’s girl.

She is so smart. She is signing more and more, learning to use her words and mimicking everything we do. What once started as a slow wobbly unsure walk is now a fast steady near run usually accompanied with a loud yell… as if she is saying, “look out world, here I come!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals