Friday, October 25, 2013

My Arrow

On Monday, my sweet girl will hit yet another milestone. She will be graduating from Toddler I class to Toddler II.

Every day I'm amazed at her growth and advancement. The new words she says, the songs she sings, the signs she learns and all her new activities like jumping and dancing. As I peruse pictures in my Facebook feed, I see pictures of babies at 1 week, 3 months, 5 months, 9 months, etc. and with every image of these sweet babes, I find myself reminiscing of Isla at those stages. Her chunky rolls and cheeks. The sweet dimples in her tiny hands. Her high pitch cries. The tiny clothes and all the sweet memories that come along with every stage.

The images remind me how quickly time goes by and how precious each day is that we are blessed with. Since having Isla, I find myself more thankful to God and I'm constantly reminded that I should have always been this thankful.

The saying, "We aren't promised tomorrow" is a common phrase I've heard all my life. After He blessed us with Isla, this saying really became a stronger statement to me. Now everyday, I find myself making sure she knows how much I love her and love her daddy... and not just by the love I have for them in my heart, but really showing them love through my actions and words. I say, "I love you" if I am ever leaving them for the day. I make it a point, no matter how busy, to stop what I'm doing give multiple hugs and kisses and share smiles and laughs with one another before departing.

This practice has also helped my marriage. I love on my husband more now, I am more patient with him for the little daily nuances we may encounter, I forgive quicker and I find myself appreciating him more.

Having Isla has been a blessing in so many ways. Through God's gift of her, I love deeper (both her and my husband), appreciate more and live in a constant mind-frame of gratitude.

She is my blessing, my arrow and the Lord has strengthened me through the gift of motherhood.




Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. Psalms 127: 3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals