Monday, August 19, 2013

Daddy duty


Dear Isla,

I’ll be spending my first consecutive days/nights away from you this week for a work trip. I know you are going to be in great care with your daddy by night and school by day. Honestly it will probably be harder on me than it will be for you.

As you are growing out of your baby ways and moving into toddlerhood you have become a better sleeper.  Don’t get me wrong, you still put up a flight – some nights are easier than others – but for the most part, you are going down easier and sleeping better. 

You’re also eating better too. You love to feed yourself using a spoon or fork, but you also LOVE to get messy dunking your hands into your bowl and squishing your dinner in between your fingers. I love the expressions you make at dinner time, the way you smile at me with food rubbed in your hair, on your nose and all over you beautiful cheeks. It’s one of my favorite times of the day – besides the morning when you usually greet me with a sweet smile. 

I’ll miss spending breakfast and dinner with you, bath-time, snuggling and reading books and also those sweet smiles and hugs in the morning, but I know you are going to have so much fun with your da-da and I’m going to get the sweetest welcome home from you when I return. 

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals