Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Roller-coaster…

This past week has been a roller-coaster of emotions. According to my charts, I was 40 weeks yesterday. I was told by my doctor last week that I was progressing well and was already 1cm dilated and effacing. At our visit this week, a new doctor advised I wasn’t dilated or effaced. 

Needless to say I was a little more than frustrated.  At our current practice, I rotate each visit and see a different doctor and/or midwife. There are 6 doctors and 6-8 midwives. We’ve found we prefer some over others and are hoping once the time is actually here one of the doctors we really like is on call. It’s just a guessing game at this point. 

While we’re both on pins and needles waiting for baby’s arrival, I just have to keep reminding myself that God already has the perfect day picked out for her sweet birthday. Our next visit is scheduled on my birthday, May 31st. If she has not graced us with her presence by then, we have to have a stress test done, 20 minutes of heart rate monitoring and an ultra sound. 

Please pray for us that our little girl decides to come out into this world on her own with no induction or interventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals