Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I love her ears...

Little baby Isla had her first (and hopefully last, wishful thinking...I know) ear infection this week. The lining of her nose was also infected... so pretty much she has a sinus infection too and all these infections caused her tear ducts to be clogged. With all this going on, you would think she would be in a terrible mood and be upset, but not our girl.

The doctor looked at her yesterday and said, "she has to be pretty miserable", but nope... she has been happy as can be every day this week. She has been in a super good mood, her teachers have commented on how happy and content she has been throughout the day. She has napped well at school and been very giggly at home. Other than her having rough nights with sleep this week, she has been the best baby. The doctor said she will be back to her full self within three days of the medicine and I can't imagine how happy she will be then. It amazes me how resilient she is. She seems to have a high tolerance for pain too.

It's going to be hard to detect if she has ear infections, because she doesn't have a fever and doesn't act like anything is bothering her. She also pulls on her ears to soothe herself so it's really hard to tell if she is soothing herself or if she is hurting. Since Sunday, she has been sleeping horrible though. She has been waking up every two hours on the dot and crying out for me. This was my sign that something was going on. Just to be safe, we took her to the doctor, and I'm so glad we did!

I'm looking forward to nursing her back to good health and seeing her happiness levels continue to rise! Love my sweet sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals