Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cancer. Its such a dirty word to me.

With the recent Stand Up 2 Cancer program that aired on NBC, the thoughts and memories of my experiences with cancer flooded my mind. I've lost two great grandparents my grandfather and grandmother to cancer. Many of the men in my family have struggled with prostate cancer and are still battling it.

My step grandpa is currently battling bladder cancer and my doctor recently discovered I had melanoma. Luckily, we caught it early and it didn't spread. I now have a nice scar along my side and back to always remind me that God is looking out for me.

This time of year always makes me think of my mamaw. She passed in October after spending nearly 60 days in the hospital and battling ovarian cancer for several years. She was the strongest most courageous person I have ever known. Never once did her faith waiver while she was so sick. I admire her and miss her so. I pray my family and loved ones can all be done with this terrible disease. Praying one day there is a cure and no one has to suffer from cancer anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals