Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy half birthday Isla Rae!


Today you are officially 6 months old! What a big girl you are! Time flies when you're having fun, and we've been having lots of fun!

At your last doctor's appointment you weighed just over 18lbs. You have the chunkiest little legs! Lately, you have started sitting up for longer periods of time by yourself. Your dad and I sit with you to catch you when you topple over, but you are getting better at sitting up every day. It won't be long until you won't need us there for extra support.

You laugh a lot...no tickling is even required. You think your cousin Macie is hilarious. She loves to make you laugh too.

You have stated riding in the car better. You still have your days when you are not feeling it at all, but for the most part you are doing better.

You're still not sleeping through the night. Normally, you go to bed around 7:30ish and sleep until midnight. I usually wake up to you playing with my face or yelling...you like to yell. After we get you settled back down and fed, you sleep until 5:30 or 6. We've come along ways from your colicy months.

This weekend we plan to start your first solids! It's a toss up between avocados or sweet potatoes. I know you're ready for it though. You watch me so attentively when I'm eating. I'm really looking forward to watching you eat your first foods and seeing all your little expressions.

As far as features go... You are healthy, you have the sweetest chubby cheeks, and poochy lips. Your hair is growing. It is a lot lighter than it was when you were born, but it's still brown. Your eyes are still blue, but they are changing. I can see green and brown streaks so only time will tell. Regardless of the color, you have the prettiest eyes. Your eyelashes are so long! You are in size 6-9 months, size 2 shoe and size 3 diapers.

You are very smiley. It doesn't take much effort to get your face to light up and when you really smile big, you have a little dimple on your chin just like me! You are very social. You will let almost any one hold you and you love other babies and kids.

I can't believe it's been half a year since I held you in my arms for the first time. I'm so thankful I can hold you in my arms every day and tell you how much I love you. I'm looking forward to the adventures we will have during the next 6 months!

I love you.
Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals