Thursday, March 28, 2013

Children are a blessing


With each month, Isla becomes more and more fun. I have to admit though; I have truly enjoyed every single stage. I loved snuggling her close to me as a newborn, discovering one another for the first time and being in utter amazement of the miracle of her life. She was so delicate, fragile and completely dependent on me. I loved it. She gave me a new found purpose.

As she began to develop and hit milestones, I loved the cooing and ohhing… I would press my mouth against hers and we would coo together. Oh I could live in that moment forever! Her sweet innocent face pressed up against mine. Next she began to roll… I would lie her down and watch her tiny muscles working so hard to accomplish her task of getting from back to belly or belly to back. Something so simple, but I was astonished of her accomplishment. 


She always had great head and neck control… even as a newborn. We knew sitting up would be an easier milestone for her to meet. It didn’t take long from her to go from sitting up, to crawling and within two weeks of crawling she was pulling up on everything, standing solo and cruising along furniture. 

Now we know, walking is next and I feel like it’s just a matter of time before she takes off. With each stage, I continuously find myself amazed at her. I am so proud of her and so proud and honored God thought so much of me to bless me with such a precious being.

And just think... we once listened to a doctor tell me that it was unlikely for me to even be able to get pregnant. :)

Psalm 113:9
He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals