Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sleepless nights…


Since Isla took two steps forward, she took three steps backwards in her progress with sleeping through the night. The past three nights have been challenging. She has woken up at least twice each night, screaming out for me and walking/shushing/rocking is the only way to get her back to sleep. Needless to say I am running on fumes. To add to that, she only wants her mommy right now so the pressure to press forward has been immense.

In the mornings, she is as happy as a jay bird…laughing, smiling, generously showing love. This morning she leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I have to say – it made my frustrations of lack of sleep quickly fade away.

It’s amusing how quickly my tiredness diminishes with just one look at her. She is so eager to greet me in the mornings; ready to start her day and share smiles wherever she goes. I love waking up to her everyday… and even though I am waking up more than I would like in the wee hours of the morning, I am so grateful I have a sweet baby to wake up to. I know there are so many people out there that would love to be in my shoes… holding their babies again, rocking them to sleep and savoring in these early moments of life. I feel so blessed God chose me to be Isla’s mommy and try not to take that for granted no matter what time it may be in the night or morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals