Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's okay to let some things go…

Joel never ceases to amaze me. We complement each other so well. It’s amazing how well he balances me out and I’d like to think I give him the extra motivation he needs from time to time. 

Anyone who really knows me knows that I can get stressed out easily and am a perfectionist. Hole in my shirt? I won’t wear it until it’s fixed. Dishes in the sink? I won’t rest until their done. Dirty floors? Have to clean them now! 

Joel on the other hand doesn’t let much of anything stress him out, and he isn’t worried about things being perfect, ever… It makes me stop and realize that nothing in this world is ever really perfect and that is the way God intended it to be. Joel brings me back to reality and helps me focus on the important things in life. He has taught me to let the little things go… which was not an easy task. Things I used to get so worked up about like cleaning, house projects, laundry, etc. I’ve learned will always be there for me to do tomorrow. 

I used to have a constant “To Do List” that seemed exhausting and defeating because it was continuous and never fully complete. Now, I’m learning to take things day by day. Do what I can, feel a sense of accomplishment in what I’ve achieved in the day (no matter how small) and enjoy each and every day!  

Don’t get me wrong… I still love it when we’re both motivated to get things done and being productive, but I also love the sense of calmness Joel has helped me achieve in letting some things go. 

What a blessing to have someone bring such a balance to my life! I couldn’t imagine it if we were both as high strung as me!

1 comment:

  1. Joel BradburyJanuary 11, 2012

    I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I love you boo.

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals