Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Like the love that let us share our name...

I’m so proud of my brother. He has always been more like a second dad than a sibling. Growing up, we rarely got into arguments or fights and he was always looking out for me. Waiting for me on the bus and helping me off the bus, helping me down the stairs (I fell down every family member’s stairs growing up), helping me trick-or-treat, helping me eat the vegetables I didn’t like so I could get down from the table, helping me ward off pestering boys, consoling me when I did something wrong or got in trouble and giving me great advice through the years.

I’ve always looked up to my brother for so many things like his caring nature and work ethic. As he became a father I saw more and more exceptional qualities shine through. I noticed he always puts God first in everything he does. It seems like such a simple thing to do, but it’s so easy sometimes as we go about our busy lives to forget to do this. He prays about all his situations and prays for God’s will not his own. He teaches his children to pray, about the bible and the importance of Jesus. He trusts in God completely and knows that no matter what the situation, God will provide. 

Growing up, I looked up to him as a big brother, now, I look up to him as a Christian, as a parent and as a person I want to be more like. 

Recently, he started teaching himself how to play the banjo. I’ve been trying out different types of music for the baby to see if I get more of a response or kick for one genre or the other. This morning I tried blue grass and she kicked the whole time. Hopefully Bobby can pick her a tune or two by the time she gets here. 

I love you brother.  “Always remember there is nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cassie. I love you. You are going to be a great mother.

    Love, Bobby

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals