Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm thankful for my husband...


Do you wear your emotions on the outside or keep them buttoned up? It’s not hard to detect what kind of mood I am in on any given day. If I am stressed, happy or sad, I have the tendency to show it in my expressions, tone of voice and mannerisms. My husband on the other hand can be stressed to the gills, but no one would ever know. He is so calm and cool. I doubt he even knows it, but I admire that about him. 

If I am happy, I am usually on cloud nine. If I am sad, then my whole demeanor is droopy. I wish I could be more like my husband, but I am a highly emotional being. I pour myself into feelings. When I love, I love deeply. When I am saddened, my heart aches.  I am also extremely sensitive. I’m sensitive in my feelings, but also to others. I get my feelings hurt easily and often take things the wrong way. As you can imagine, this can cause some hurdles in a marriage and well, in life.

My husband has really been helping me to work through these challenges and helping me to see things differently. He helps me to be more light hearted, less sensitive and take things with a grain of salt. I’m so thankful to have someone in my life that is encouraging, reassuring and patient. I’m thankful to have someone who helps me work on being a better me without insulting me, but by lifting me up. I’m thankful to have a spouse that does not judge me, but loves me unconditionally. I’m thankful that my husband’s personality is the opposite of mine, or else we would be living in a high strung household! I’m thankful my husband makes me remember to slow down, breath and let the little things go. I’m thankful that my husband is slow to anger and forgives easily. I’m thankful for God’s plan for my husband’s heart, my heart and our little family of three!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, definitely one of Joels best traits... his levelheadedness at all times! Happy Birthday week Brother!!

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals