Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Letters to Isla Rae


Dear Isla,

You’ll be 6 months next week. I know I say this in every letter to you, but I really can’t believe how fast the time is flying by. I think you start to notice how quickly time passes you once you become a parent. You also realize how precious time really is. It’s irreplaceable and you are never given the same day twice. You never see the same sunrise or sunset. I’ve also realized the amount of love my own parents feel for me, become more aware of the risks in the world and how important I really am.

Before I had you… especially before I was married, I wasn’t so cautious, I didn’t realize the stress I put my parents through or the worry my carelessness caused.  I didn’t realize just how much my life affects others. Now that we are a family, I know how important I am to your dad and to you. I take much better care of myself. I’m more cautious in general and I make sure to appreciate every single day the Lord gives us.

My hope for you is that you realize this at a much younger age. I hope you always know how valuable you are and how much your life touches so many others around you. I hope you always know how greatly you are loved and how great God’s love is for you. I hope you always know that you can come to me no matter what you are facing and I will never judge you. I pray that we always have an open, loving relationship. I pray you always keep God at the center of everything. As the time continues to fly by, I know it won’t be long until you are old enough to read this. Know that your dad and I love you more than anything and we are so very proud of you. 

Always remember the three H’s, Heaven, Happiness and Health.

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals