Thursday, January 3, 2013

Firsts in 2013


2013 has already brought us a lot of ‘firsts.’   

On New Year ’s Day, Isla clapped her hands together for the first time and has done it several times since. I was sitting in the floor with her, bringing my hands together slowly so she could watch my motions and next thing I know she mimicked me and did the same thing. Her little claps don’t make much noise (yet), but it’s so sweet to watch her learning and growing. She is so smart! It amazes me how quickly she picks up on things.

She had her first full day of daycare yesterday. She did great! She only slept for 40 minutes total the whole day and had a major blowout (haha), but Miss. Vita said she was in a good mood all day. I love that I’m able to go feed her and spend time with her on my lunch break. We miss the Joneses very much, but it’s nice to no longer have a 2 hour daily commute.

She spent the day playing with the other babies and doing Itsy Bitsy Spider with Miss. Vita. That evening when we got home, I began singing Itsy Bitsy Spider to her and her little fingers came together to make the spider go up the spout! Did I mention how smart she is?!

So far everything is going wonderfully with the new daycare. While no one can ever replace her mommy, I am so pleased to have her with such loving and nurturing caretakers.So much to be thankful for already in 2013. Thank you God for the blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals