Friday, January 4, 2013

Letters to Isla Rae


Dear Isla,
Happy 7 months baby girl! I feel like you just turned 6 months. This month has really flown by!
You are bubblier than ever! Your personality has really started shining lately. You are very loving, giggly and have begun hanging on to me like a little monkey. I love your tight little squeezes. You also love to pat and rub me. When I’m carrying you, you’ll pat and rub my back. When we’re nursing, you’ll rub my arm. I love your gentle loves.

You are sitting up very well! You are also pushing yourself up on your hands and knees. Once you get yourself up, you’ll rock back and forth a time or two, but have yet to take off crawling forward. You do, however, scoot backwards. You started doing this on Christmas day.

You are still saying “dada” and “mama” whenever you feel like it. We started Baby Signing Time and try to do it with you every day. Your dada is still better at it than me so far, but I’m trying to catch up!
You started daycare this week. You have had a really great first week of daycare! The ladies at Nova love you! It was super hard for me to leave you that first day, but I know you are having so much fun with the other babies. There are 5 total in your class.

You have become more interested in toys this month. You love looking and chewing on books, moving things around with your little pointer finger and listening to your angel baby say a prayer. You love love love  your angel baby that your Mamaw gave you. Sometimes it’s the only thing that will get you to stop crying in the car. You are doing a lot better riding in the car seat than you used to, but our commute to your daycare is now only 5 minutes compared to the 35-40minutes you were riding.

You are laughing and squealing a lot and have become a lot more vocal in general.  I love to hear you laugh. It is my new favorite thing and you love to laugh at your momma!

At your 6 month check up, you weighed 18.4lbs (75-80%), was 26.5 inches long (75-80%) and your little peanut head measured in the 28th%.  I weighed you the other day and you are more around 19lbs now. You are a very healthy baby and we thank HIM every day for blessing us with you!

You had a great first Christmas! We got to see all of your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. You enjoyed the presents and ripping of paper, bows and boxes. The Holidays become even more special once you have children! You have brought me so much joy.

I'm looking forward to seeing everything you will achieve in month 7!

Love you!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals