Thursday, July 26, 2012

God's heart for you...

If you follow me on pinterest you may have seen my wish list board.  My sister-in-law got me a book from my wish list called, "God's Heart for You," by Holley Gerth for my birthday and I've been dying to read it, but just haven't had time until now.

I found a free moment in my day as I was nursing Isla and sat down to start reading. Once I started, I couldn't stop and before I knew it I was already on chapter 11. The caption of the book reads "Embracing your true worth as a woman", and the words inside the book are so powerful. Each chapter has a profound revelation... teachings that are so simple to understand, and some are even common sense, but somehow in our daily lives we forget. So I have decided I want to start sharing some of these learnings and reflections with my readers.

One chapter that really stood out to me today was chapter 2 titled, "Wonderfully Made" Psalms 139:14. This scripture has been on my mind a lot lately as I have become a mother. The scripture reads, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that fully well."

What really stood out to me about this lesson is one sentence "God made one version of you." This is so simple and true, but I feel like we easily forget it and feel like we're not worthy or not good enough. God perfectly made us in his image. He uniquely crafted each one of us. This statement made me want to embrace who I am more than ever. I also want to live by example for Isla so she can see her momma proud of who she is, living in God's grace and accepting herself as God accepts her.

The chapter sums up with this reflection....

"You are formed by God's hands,
dreamed up in his heart,
and placed in this world for a purpose.
There's no one else like you...
You're one of a kind, irreplaceable.
God has given you everything you need
and created you just as you need to be
 to make a difference
 in your own wonderful way.
So go for it...
the world is waiting and
heaven is cheering you on."

Wow, this is so powerful! I encourage you all to buy this book and read along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals