Friday, July 6, 2012

Two seems to be our number today...

Today was quiet the day... two seemed to be our number today. It's probably the number of hours of sleep Isla and I got last night. Two is the number of people that cried in our family today (both Isla and I). She has gained almost exactly two pounds since her birthday and grown two inches. Isla also saw two "doctors" (one was a student)... Luckily, we received an awesome health report and we only had to endure one screaming unhappy car ride.


Isla had her 1 month wellness check today. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see our normal doctor because of scheduling conflicts. Today, we say Dr. Ellis, who was also great, and a student that was shadowing her. We agreed to the student observation, but didn't realize Isla was going to have to go through two checks, both the student and the actual doctor checked her... Isla screams the minute she is laid on those cold tables... or little weighing station and who wouldn't!? I would be an unhappy gal too. Poor thing.

She also had to receive a shot today, which made her a very unhappy camper. It broke my heart to hear her scream out in pain. I nursed her right after and that seemed to help sooth some of her pain and fear, but we were both shedding tears at this point. Next time, I'm going to at least hold her while they give her the shots or maybe even feed her during to help distract her and sooth the pain. I'm also going to do some more research regarding vaccines in general and hopefully work out a plan that works best for both Isla and the doctor's recommendations. I read up a lot on them before Isla was born, but there is so much information out there and it is a very contraversial topic. You want to make sure you are taking the best advice. I do know I would prefer no more than two shots per visit... We're also going to delay some of the ones we can until she gets a little bigger.

One month and 2 days from her birthday, she weights 10lbs, 4ozs and is 22 inches long. Her weight is in the 56th percentile and her length is 59th. Her growth is looking great and she is as healthy as can be.We thank God for our healthy little baby! Her head circumference was in the 24th percentile... I think she'll end up having a small head like her mommy, but we'll see.

Everyone is saying she is looking more and more like her dad. I'm looking forward to putting our baby pictures side by side and comparing! Whoever she looks like she is perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals