Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ohhh, the sweetest thing...

To me, everything Isla does is the sweetest thing. Just the essence of her being is the sweetest thing... but, today she did some things that were especially sweet and special to our ever so bonding relationship.

At night, we sleep side by side. She nestles her knees and tummy against mine and most nights she sleeps pretty sound. Only waking when she is ready to eat. Last night wasn't her best night sleepwise though, so this morning she slept extra long. She didn't actually wake up until after noon! I don't think she is going to be a mornings person.

As I laid there this morning listening to my baby sound asleep, the words began to creep in my mind...laundry, dishes, shower, BATHROOM...but every time I tried to slide out of bed, Isla would nudge closer to me. She pushed her warm, cozy body up against mine as if pleaing with me not to move. I finally got the courage to slide out, and there it was her sweet pudgy little arm had slung right around my tummy. Her head nudged up closer to my chest and then her leg slung around my tummy too. I was trapped in the sweetest little place ever. She had a hold of me and didn't want to let go. Honestly, I think this will be one of the sweetest memories. She is so precious.

After that, I didn't want to get up any longer. I just wanted to lay there with her and take the moment in. To have her sweet arms around me, to stare at her ever so growing little body and face and just be in the moment. Laundry, cleaning, even going to the bathroom could wait at that very moment. All I wanted to do was be with Isla...so that's what we did all morning and when she woke up, there I was starring right back at her and she greeted me with an "Ohhh" and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals