Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life...

Christmas is one of my favorite Holidays. Well, actually I love all Holidays, even Halloween (if that's considered a Holiday). Holidays resemble fun times and memories for me.

Usually, I know what I want for Christmas by the 1st of November, but this year was different. I couldn’t think of one thing I really wanted or needed for Christmas. I could think of plenty of things we will need for the baby eventually or to improve our home, but nothing that I wanted or needed just for myself. I bet my mom and Joel asked me twenty times what I wanted and each time I would respond, “I’ll have to think about it.” But thinking didn’t help, because I knew I already had everything I needed for Christmas. 

We have been so blessed with a warm house, paid bills, food on the table everyday, clothes on our back and most importantly, one another.  My dad always told us when we were growing up, “You’re old enough that your wants won’t hurt you.” This year it finally sank in.

 

3 comments:

  1. Where were you guys in this pic? I want those giant, oversized Christmas lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in NYC! They had a giant nutcracker and giant tree ornaments too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie, this is beautiful! You are such a doll. I believe when you are truly happy, you want for nothing. I know the feeling too and it is so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals