Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Snow days...

I was listening to Matt Pond’s song, “Snow Day” today and it made me remember the past…

Growing up we had more snow days than I can even count. I used to love snow days. These days when the power goes out it’s such a big inconvenience, back then it meant sleigh riding, snow ball fights, playing Monopoly and Clue by candle light, hot chocolate and togetherness. 

I miss the simple pleasures snow days used to bring to my life. I remember anxiously listening to the radio for school cancellations and praying for school to be canceled. There is also something so peaceful about a huge snowfall. It brings a silence with it that is breathtaking. 

Everything stops, if even for just a short while.  Joel and I got to experience this in NYC last year. It was amazing to see one of the busiest places in the world, slow down. I was literally standing on a normally busy street and there were only a few headlights on the road. 

My only wish is that we would get more snow days here in Charlotte. Until then, I’ll keep going home to the mountains and enjoying my little white wonders there. 



Hope you enjoy the song as much as I do...enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals