Friday, December 23, 2011

Pregnancy has taught me to…

  • Always have snacks. I keep snacks at my desk at work, by my bedside, in my purse and sometimes even in my car. The best way to avoid getting sick is to keep your stomach 50% full all the time, so I try to nibble on something every two hours if possible.
  • Drink lots during the day and slow down on the fluids after 6pm – otherwise I’ll be up all night!
  • Plan out what I’m wearing to work the night before. As my belly continues to grow, I never know if what fit me last week will fit me today. Good thing I like to plan ahead!
  • Take naps often. Every time I can lie down, I do! I haven’t slept the whole night through since I became pregnant. Napping is the one way I can catch up on my beauty rest – and it seems I am always tired; after all I am growing a human inside me.
  • Bring a glass of milk to bed with me. As odd as it seems, it’s the only thing I’ve found that helps relieve my ulcer pains at night.
  • Watch my attitude. Joel has told me more than once I’m being hormonal… I don’t always notice it, so I try to be more aware before I speak now.
  • Take some ME time. Whether it’s a manicure/pedicure, nap, reading, bath or massage, I figure now’s the time to pamper and indulge myself before the baby arrives. It makes me feel better too!
  • Read more… I thought I knew the basics and felt confident at first, but there is still so much I have to learn. Reading and talking to others makes me feel more prepared and less stressed.
  • Not to overdo it on the good days or else plan a lot of rest for the next day. 
  • Let things go in one ear and out the other... it seems everyone has a pregnancy story they want to share with you. What happened to their friend, sister, a friend of a friend... It used to scare and worry me at first, but now I know to take the stories with a grain of salt. 
  • Let some things go… there will always be dishes and laundry to do, a bed to be made, floors to mop and carpets to clean. With the constant nausea and exhaustion I’ve felt over the past 4 months or so, I’ve learned its okay to let some things go…after all, it will still be there tomorrow.

And lastly, to enjoy every moment of my pregnancy even the aches and the pains because it is such a blessing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals