Saturday, December 17, 2011

Snips & snails, & puppy dog tails…


I’d never had a dog of my own until last year. Joel and I had been discussing adopting a puppy from the Human Society Shelter in Charlotte, but I still needed some convincing. Questions and uncertainty flooded my mind… What about my shoes? Will he/she destruct the house? How will we manage the responsibility of training a new little pup? I was a little reluctant to say the least, but all I needed to change my mind was one look.

Bella was part of the “B” puppies (perfect for the B-radbury’s). Her mother, Beulah, was found in a parking lot, lost and pregnant. She gave birth to eleven (yes, eleven!) puppies on October 5th of 2010. All eleven pups were given names that started with the letter “B.” From Benicio to Billy Bob all “B” names were represented in this litter. Joel and I visited the shelter several times to play with the puppies and try to decide who would become an official member of our new family. On our last visit, we locked eyes with Bellamy for the first time. She was cold, timid and cuddly. We instantly knew she was ours…

 
She officially became a part of our family on December 8th when we brought her home. To my surprise, although still rambunctious, she is not the destructive puppy I thought she would be and I can't imagine our lives without her. She is smart, loving, needy at times, playful and always excited to see us. She always looks like she wants a hug. Every morning is like Christmas morning to her. She greets me with the biggest excitement everyday and I know for a fact she loves me.  Maybe we should all be that excited each day to see the ones we love, so that they too, know how much we love them.




1 comment:

  1. Lori KorevecDecember 17, 2011

    I LOVE this. Adam and I adopted two doggies not even two weeks ago. Sherman, 10, is a Walker Coonhound and Nick, 9, is a mix. They were both surrenders, not from the same family, but were in the pen together at the shelter. How do you surrender a dog, period, much less one you've had for 9 or 10 years? It makes no sense. I think a lot of people don't want responsibility when their dogs become either pregnant or old. Cozmo's mom was put out when she was pregnant. There is nothing like the love of a dog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals