Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Togetherness...

Isla went to the beach for the first time over the weekend! We were able to take a mini vacation to the beach with my family for 4 days. It was so nice to be able to relax with the family and spend some quality time with the hubby.
Grandparent love!


 
Macie and Emery are head over heels for Isla and Isla LOVES them too! She laughs out loud at all of Macie's silly faces and can't stop smiling at Emery. It warms my heart to know these girls are going to grow up to be the best of friends.
Cousin love!

While the trip was short, I feel we really got a ton out of it. I got to have girl time with Alexas and mom, Joel had his guy time with my brother and dad fishing and playing games, Isla got to spend a lot of time with her grandparents, Joel and I had a date night, I got to have one on one time with dad and some brother/sister playtime or rough housing with my brother. We also had a family game night which made me laugh harder than I have in a long time. I think we were all in tears!

Daddy love!


It was so awesome to be able to spend some one on one time with Joel. We had an amazing date! It was also so reassuring to have Isla with the family as we were away for a couple hours. She took her first bottle for her mamaw and she did wonderful. Dad spent a lot of time with Isla too. He whistled "Sweet Caroline" to her until she fell asleep and was able to get her down for a good long nap! Way to go papaw! 

Mommy love!


Isla started responding more to her toys this week too. She loves starring at the bright vibrant colors and listening to all the rattles. This week she started reaching for things. She reached out and grabbed her first toy, held on to it and shock it. Once she let go, she tried to do it again. It's so amazing to watch her developing so quickly. She is such a smart girl. I was thrilled that both Joel and I could be there to experience a new development with her.


I love the trips when we make lifelong memories. We are already looking forward to the next beach trip in November with the Bradbury family! Joel and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful loving families!

Sweet Families




3 comments:

  1. Love the fam pic at the end... and your mom looks great... loved the coordinating orange and white (ALexas' fam). Emery's piggies are adorable!

    Cousin photoshoots are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We will have to plan one for the beach trip in November for the Bradbury cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We will have to plan one for the beach trip in November for the Bradbury cousins!

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals