Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bottle it up...


I wish there was a magical way to bottle up these special moments with Isla Rae. Maybe it's just the postpartum hormones, my uber sensitive heart or my overflowing mommy genes kicking in, but it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about these precious moments we have with Isla and how fast she is and will continue to be growing and changing. I know with each stage of her life there will be more and more precious moments, but I just adore her itty-bittyness now. It reminds me of the song by Jim Croce, "Time in a bottle" that I used to listen to on record in my parents basement.

I love her baby smell and her soft tender skin. I love the shape of her mouth when she sleeps. I love cuddling with her every night as we sleep and nurse. I love kissing her 100s of times and her never pushing me away. I love staring at her in awe of the blessing God has given us.

I wish there was a way to go back 30 years from now and live one of these priceless days over, but until then I will be taking in every single minute of every day with my sweet Isla Rae like it is my very last.

She is such a God send and my cup runneth over....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals