Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Being a better you...

Okay, let's face it...marriage and motherhood aren't always easy. Us wives and mothers need encouragement, patience and prayer and with each day we get a little bit better. Being a wife and mother has strengthened my personal relationship with God. These new roles have made me draw close to Him for guidance, strength and comfort.

We don't come into this world knowing how to be a good wife or a good mother. Yes, some of us are nurturing individuals at heart, but that doesn't mean we know how to handle conflict, sleepless nights and stress with grace. It is something that is given by God.

Luckily, we aren't in these challenging roles alone. Lately, I've been following two Christian blogs that I have grown to love and that help me immensely in my roles. Unveiled Wife and The Better Mom.

Marriage can be challenging by itself, add in a baby and you have a whole new list of marital challenges. My goal is to handle these challenges with grace, and the only way I can do that is through God. Unveiled Wife has been helping me achieve this in my marriage with daily prayers and articles on how to be a better help meet for my husband. I always strive to pray everyday... a thankful prayer, a prayer before meals and a prayer for forgiveness. It never dawned on me to pray specifically for my husband and our marriage every single day until now. Yes, I would pray for these things in times of need, but I would easily forget to do this every day when things were going good. Unveiled Wife helps me to remember to do this every day, as well as pray for other marriages. We don't have to be in turmoil to need prayer and I've learned by praying for my husband every day, I become a better wife. Through these prayers, God has given me more patience, a better attitude, positivity and grace.

Being a new mom is extremely rewarding, but it too has its challenges. The Better Mom has helped me to gain more patience, take more things to God (no matter how small) and rely more on His word for strength. Its a forum where I can learn and grow by the learnings of other Christian moms.

I encourage you to check these ladies out and see if their words can help make a difference in your life like they have for mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals