Thursday, September 27, 2012

TGIF...well almost...

Wow, we almost made it. We're in the home stretch of finishing my first full week back to work. Some say each day gets easier, but I've found each day to be harder this week.

I've held it together pretty well emotionally and done better than I expected for the most part, but I have to say...this week has been harder than labor (well emotionally that is)!

I miss Isla so bad and I feel so awful that she is still refusing the bottle. We've been trying the bottle since month one as well as the paci, but she hasn't been interested in either. We've tried four different brands and have more on their way from Amazon. We continue to be consistent, but Isla is not giving in...she misses her momma!

The only way we can get her to take any milk while I'm away is through a syringe or medicine dropper. Right now, she will only take an ounce or two all day until we reunite.  To make up for not eating during the day, she eats all night...which has created a very tired working mom.

I'm so thankful for my mom being here this week, which allowed me to come home and feed Isla during lunch. Next week will be a little more of a challenge since we probably won't be able to see each other and nurse during lunch. Praying Isla begins to eat more while I'm away soon. The thought of her hungry breaks my heart.

So glad the weekend is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Boutique Deals